Friday, April 8, 2016

Book Tag Friday: New York Times "By The Book" Tag

Hey Everyone,

Today I will be doing New York Times "By The Book" Tag. I stumbled upon this tag through Max over at WellDoneBooks on YouTube. He is a booktuber I follow and when I saw him do this tag, I thought it looked like a lot of fun. This tag was originally created by Marie Berg (who is another book tuber). Be sure to check out both the original video and Max's video to see their answers to this questions. They are both awesome Booktubers and I highly recommend checking them out.

So let us begin the tag!

1. What book is on your night stand now?

My side table actually holds some of my favourite graphic novels as well as some that didn't fit anywhere else. Besides those, it also holds my TBR books which includes Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and The Hogwarts Library by J.K Rowling.



2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire by J.K. Rowling - It was my favourite book I read last month and is definitely my favourite of the series. It such a great read that kept me guessing what was going to happen. I loved it.







3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

 Bryan Lee O'Malley - He is a fantastic graphic novelist who I love. I would love to know about the process he goes through to create his graphic novels especially the Scott Pilgrim series as I think it would be really interesting to learn about.




4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? 

I own a lot of book and so there may be a few books that people would not expect me to own. One in particular may be that I own a Hercule Poirot Boxed Set by Agatha Christie. It is strange for me to own because I don't normally read those type of mystery books but I am interested to try it out and so I got the set collection.


5. How do you organize your personal library?

Currently, my shelves are quite a mess but normally it is categorised by type of book (non fiction, fiction, picture books, educational, etc) and then my fiction books are organised by the last name of the author. I am thinking of reorganising them into a different setup but have yet to get around to it.



6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -  I feel like everyone has read this book and I have put it on my TBR so many times but have still yet to actually read it. It's kind of embarrassing because I normally say that Rainbow Rowell is one of my favourite authors yet I haven't read on of her most popular books.



7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang -  I have been talking about this book a lot lately and have even posted a full review about it. This book really disappointed me and I was so sure that I was going to love it. As for the last book I didn't finish, that would have to be Fun Home by Alison Bechdel which I mentioned in a Top 5 Wednesday post last month. I plan on trying it again someday and so I still sits on my sidetable.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

Romance -  I love a good contemporary novel, especially if it has a great romance in it. I am a sucker for cheesy love stories and love a good fictional couple. Some stories I stay away friend, is mainly books that contain abuse of any sort. I know it's very important to address and appreciate authors that tackle those subjects but for me, it really upsets me and I get really uncomfortable about it. I especially try and stay away from books with a lot of violence.


9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be? 

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - This book tackles the difficult topic of teenage suicide. I feel like it would give the President (or Prime Minister in AUS) a closer look into how young people are feeling and how some people feel like they have little to no support. I think it would really important for them to read.




10. What do you plan to read next?

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - I am currently reading The Magicians by Lev Grossman and plan to take a break from the series once I finish as I feel like reading a light contemporary and I've heard nothing but great things about this one.







So that's New York Times "By The Book" Tag and I tag Lindsey, Dana, Jody and Kristy. Be sure to check out any of the bloggers/booktubers I mentioned in this post as they are all really amazing!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

~Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Reads

My Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Falling into Place
Crash: Book Three
Chat: Book One
Connect: Book Two
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4
Chopsticks
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 3
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1
Username: Evie
Ugly Love
The Widow
Maybe Not
Maybe Someday
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir

Wants/TBR

My To-Read Shelf:
Louise's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
Pride and Prejudice
The Bronze Horseman
The Sun Is Also a Star
Tweet Heart
A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City
Chat Love
Holly's Inbox
The Not So Secret Emails Of Coco Pinchard
Love, Rosie
I've Got Your Number
Top 8
Want to Go Private?
House of Leaves
Pretty Baby
A Court of Mist and Fury
Teen Frankenstein
Leave Me Alone
Fable Comics
Mr. Maybe